References related to Summarisation listed by Authors
An exhaustive authors-sorted list of references related to Summarisation is presented in this WWW page. This page will be updated regularly. Please send your request or any inquiries to:
Back to the main page
- Alterman R., "A dictionary based on concept coherence" in Artificial
Intelligence 25 (2) pp 153-186. 1985.
- Alterman R., "Summarisation in the small" in N. Sharkey edition - Advances in cognitive science. Chichester, England, Ellis Horwood. 1986.
- Alterman R. and Bookman AL., "Some computational experiments in
summarisation" in Discourse Processes 13 pp 143-174. 1990.
- Alterman R., "Text summarisation" in Artificial Intelligence Review. 1990.
- Aretoulaki M., "Towards a Hybrid Abstract Generation System" in Proceedings of the International Conference on New Methods in Language Processing pp 220-227. Manchester, England. 1994.
- Aretoulaki M., "COSY-MATS: A Hybrid Connectionist-Symbolic Approach To The Pragmatic Analysis Of Texts For Their Automatic Summarisation". PhD Thesis. Centre for Computational Linguistics, Dept. of Language Engineering, University of Manchester. Institute of Science and Technology (U.M.I.S.T.). Manchester, England. 1996.
- Baxendale P.B., "Man-made index for technical literature - an experiment" in I.B.M. Journal of American Society for Information Science 22 pp 354-361. 1958.
- Black W.J., and Johnson F.C., "A practical evaluation of two rule-based automatic abstracting techniques" in Expert Systems for Information Management 1 pp159-177. 1988.
- Benbrahim M. and Ahmad K., "Computer-aided Lexical Cohesion Analysis and Text Abridgement". Technical report. Knowledge Processing, 18. University of Surrey. 1994.
- Brown G. and Yule G., "Discourse Analysis". Cambridge University Press, Cambridge. 1983.
- Callan J.P., "Passage--Level Evidence in Document Retrieval", in SIGIR 94 pp 301-310. Computer Science Department, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003-4610, USA. 1994.
- Carcagno D. and Iordanskaja L., "Content Determination and Text Structuring in Gossip" in Extended Abstracts, Second European Natural Language
Generation Workshop pp. 15-22. Edinburgh, Scotland, April 6-8. 1989.
- Craven T.C., "Customized extracts based on Boolean queries and sentence dependency structures" in Intelligent Classification 16 pp 11-14. 1989.
- Cremmins E., "Valuable and Meaningful Text Summarization in Thoughts, Words, and Deeds" in Endres-Niggemeyer B., Hobbs J. and Sparck Jones K. editions, Workshop on Summarising Text for Intelligent Communication. Dagstuhl, Germany, 1993.
- Crookes G., "Towards a Validated Analysis of Scientific Text Structure" in Applied Linguistics, Vol 7, 1, pp 57-70. 1986.
- Decker N., "The use of syntactic clues in discourse processing" in Proceedings of the 23rd meeting of the ACL pp 315-323. 1985.
- DeJong G.F., "Skimming stories in real time: an experiment in integrated understanding". Research Report #158. Yale University, Department of Computer Science. 1979.
- DeJong G.F., "An overview of the FRUMP system" in Lehnert W.G. and Ringle M.H. editions, Strategies for Natural Language Processing, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates (publ), Hillsdale, New Jersey. 1982.
- Earl L.L., "Experiments in automatic extracting and indexing" in Information Storage and Retrieval 6 pp 313-334. 1970.
- Edmundson H.P., "Problems in automatic extracting" in Communications of the
ACM 7 pp 259-263. 1964.
- Edmundson H.P., "New methods in automatic extracting" in Journal of the ACM, 16, 264-285. 1969.
- Ehlich K., "Deictic Expressions and the Connexity of Text" in Text and Discourse Connectedness. John Benjamins (Publ), Amsterdam. 1989.
- Endres-Niggemeyer B. and Neugebauer E., "Professional Summarising: No Cognitive Simulation without Observation" in Proceedings of the International Conference in Cognitive Science 1995, May 2-6, San Sebastian. 1995.
- Fontana N.M., "Summarising Strategies in L1 and L2". MA Dissertation. University College of North Wales, Bangor. 1989.
- Francis H. and Liddy D., "Structured Representation of Theoretical Abstracts: Implications for User Interface Design" in M. Dillon edition, Interfaces for Information Retrieval and Online Systems: The State of the Art. Greenwood Press. 1991.
- Fung R., "Applying Bayesian Networks to Information retrieval" in Comms of the ACM, Vol 38,3, pp 42-48. 1995.
- Gladwin P. and Pulman S. and Spark Jones K., "Shallow processing and automatic summarising: a first study". Technical Report No. 223, University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory. 1991.
- Grimes J.E., "The thread of discourse", Jangua Linguarum, Series Minor, No. 207. The Hague: Mouton. 1975.
- Grosz B.J. and Sidner C.L., Attention, Intentions, and the Structure of Discourse in Computational Linguistics, Vol. 12, No. 3. 1986.
- Hare V.C. and Borchardt K.M., "Direct Instruction of
Summarization Skills" in Reading Research Quarterly, 20, pp 62-78. 1984.
- Hasida K. and Ishizaki S. and Isahara H., "A Connectionist Approach to the Generation of Abstracts", in G. Kempen edition, Natural Language Generation: New Results in Artificial Intelligence, Psychology and Linguistics, Martinus Nijhoff (publ), NATO Advanced Science Institutes Series. Dordrecht, the Netherlands. 1987.
- Hearst M.A., "Subtopic Structuring for full-lenght Document Access" in Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in IR. Pittsburgh. 1993.
- Hobbs J.R., "On the Coherence and Structure of Discourse". Technical
Report CSLI-85-37. Center for the Study of Language and Information, Stanford
- Hovy E., "Parsimonius and Profligate Approaches to the Question
of Discourse Structure Relations" in Proceedings of the Fifth
International Workshop on Natural Language Generation. Dawson, PA, pp 128-136. 1990.
- Hovy E., "In Defense of Syntax: Informational, Intentional, and
Rhetorical Structures in Discourse" In O. Rambow edition, Intentionality
and Structure in Discourse Relations, pp. 35-39. Ohio State University, Ohio.
- Hovy E., "Automated Discourse Generation Using Discourse Structure Relations" in Artificial Intelligence 63, pp 341-385. 1993.
- Hughes J. and McCoy K., "Observations and Directions in Text Structure" in O. Rambow edition, Intentionality and Structure in Discourse Relations, pp 40-43. Ohio State University, Ohio. 1993.
- Hutchins J., "Information Retrieval and Text Analysis" in T.A. Van Dijk edition, Discourse and Communication, pp 106-125. De Gruyter, Berlin.
- Hutchins J., "Summarization: Some Problems and Methods" in Karen Spark Jones edition, Meaning: the frontier of informatics, pp 151-173. Aslib, London. 1987.
- Jacobs. P.S. and Rau L.F., "SCISOR: extracting information from on-line news" in Communications of the ACM 33 (11) pp 88-97. 1990.
- Jordan M.P., "The Linguistic Genre of Abstracts", in A. Della
Volpe edition, The Seventeenth LACUS Forum. Linguistics Association of
Canada and the United States, pp 507-527. 1991.
- Knott A., "Defining a Set of Coherence Relations Using a
Taxonomy of Cue Phrases". Submitted to ACL'94, January 1994.
- Knott A., "A Data-Driven Methodology for Motivating a Set of Coherence Relations" . PhD Thesis. Department of Artificial Intelligence,
University of Edinburgh. 1996.
- Knott A., "Using Linguistic Phenomena to motivate a set of coherence relations" in Discourse Processes 18 (1) pp 35-62. Human Communication Research Center, University of Edinburgh. 1994.
- Lehnert W.G., "Plot Units and Narrative Summarization" in Cognitive Science, 4, pp 293-331. 1981.
- Liddy E.D., "Discourse-level structure of empirical abstracts: An exploratory study" in Information Processing and Management, Vol 27 (1) pp 55-81. 1991.
- Liddy E.D., "Anaphora in natural language processing and information retrieval" in Information Processing and Management, Vol 26 (1) pp 39-52. 1990.
- Luhn H.P.,"The Automatic Creation of Literature Abstracts" in IBM journal of Research and Development, Vol 2 (2). 1958.
- Maizell R.E. and Smith J.F. and Singer T.E.R.,"Abstracting Scientific and Technical Literature: An Introductory Guide and Text for Scientists, Abstractors, and Management", in Wiley-Interscience, New York. 1971.
- Mann W.C. and Thompson S.A., "Rhetorical Structure Theory: A Theory of
Text Organization". Technical Report ISI/RS-87-190. June 1987.
- McKeown K.R., "Textual Constraints, "Rhetorical Relations and
Communicative Intentions in PLANDoc Narratives" in O. Rambow edition, Intentionality and Structure in Discourse Relations, pp. 78-81. Ohio State
University, Ohio. 1993.
- McKeown K.R. and D.R. Radev, "Generating Summaries of Multiple News Articles" in Proceedings of the eighteenth Annual International ACM SIGIR Conference on Research and Development in IR. 1995.
- Mitkov R. and Le Roux D. and Descles J.P., "Knowledge-Based Automatic Abstracting: Experiments in the Sublanguage of Elementary Geometry" in Current Issues in Mathematical Linguistics, C. Martin-Vide edition, North-Holland (publ), The Netherlands. 1994.
- Moore J.D. and Paris C., "Planning Text for Advisory Dialogues: Capturing Intentional and Rhetorical Information", in Computational Linguistics, Vol.19, No. 4, pp. 651-694. 1993.
- Mushakoji S., "Constructing "Identity" and "Differences" in Original Scientific Texts and Their Summaries: Its Problems and Solutions" in B. Endres-Niggemeyer, J. Hobbs and K. Sparck Jones editions, Workshop on Summarising Text for Intelligent Communication - Dagstuhl Seminar Report (9350). Dagstuhl, Germany. 1993.
- Mushakoji S. and Nozoe A., "Toward qualified medical abstracts: Rethinking the process of producing author abstracts", in K.C. Lun et al. editions, Medinfo'92. Elsevier. 1992.
- Nomoto T. and Nitta Y., "A Grammatico--Statistical Approach to Discourse Partitioning" in proceedings of ACL 94. 1994.
- Ono K. and Sumita K. and Miike S., "Abstract Generation based on Rhetorical Structure Extraction" in Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING-94), Vol 1 pp 344-348, Kyoto, Japan. 1994.
- Oswald V.A., and al, "Automatic indexing and abstracting of the contents of documents" in Planning Research Corporation 31, Los Angeles, California. 1959.
- Paice C.D., "Constructing literature abstracts by computer: techniques and prospects" in Information Processing and Management, Vol 26 (1) pp 171-186. 1990.
- Paice C.D., "The Automatic Generation and Evaluation of Back--of--Books Indexes" in Proceedings of the IO conference, "Prospects for intelligent Retrieval". 1990.
- Paice C.D., "The Identification of Important Concepts in Highly Structured Technical Papers" in Proceedings of the Sixteenth Annual International ACM SIGIR conference on Research \& Development in IR. 1993.
- Paice C.D., "The Rhetorical Structure of Expository Text" in Proceedings of Informatics 11 Conference. 1991.
- Polanyi L., "Linguistic Dimensions of Text Summarization", in B. Endres-Niggemeyer, J. Hobbs and K. Sparck Jones editions, Workshop on Summarising Text for Intelligent Communication - Dagstuhl Seminar Report (9350). Dagstuhl,
- Rath G.J., Resnick A. and Savage R., "The formation of abstracts by the selection of sentences: Part 1: sentence selection by man and machines." American
Documentation 12 (2) pp 139-141. 1961.
- Redeker G., "Ideational and Pragmatic Markers of Discourse Structure" in Journal of Pragmatics 14, pp 367-381. 1990.
- Reder L.M. and Anderson J.R., "A Comparison of Texts
and Their Summaries: Memorial Consequences" in Journal of Verbal Learning
and Verbal Behavior 19, pp 121-134. 1980.
- Riloff E., "A Corpus-Based Approach to Domain-Specific Text Summarisation: A
Proposal", in B. Endres-Niggemeyer, J. Hobbs, and K. Sparck Jones editions,
Workshop on Summarising Text for Intelligent Communication - Dagstuhl Seminar
Report (9350). Dagstuhl, Germany. 1993.
- Rino L.H.M. and Scott D., "Content selection in Summary Generation", presented at Third International Conference on the Cognitive Science of Natural Language Processing, Dublin City University, Ireland. July 1994.
- Rino L.H.M. and Scott D., "Automatic generation of draft summaries: heuristics for content selection", presented at XI Simposio Brasileiro de Inteligencia Artificial, Fortaleza, Brazil. October 1994.
- Robin Jacques, "Revision-Based Generation of Natural Language Summaries Providing Historical Background: Corpus Analysis, Design, Implementation and Evaluation". Technical Report CUCS-034-94. Columbia University. December 1994.
- Rumelhart D.E., "Understanding and summarising brief stories" in Laberge D. and Samuels S.J., Basic processes in reading: perception and comprehension, pp 265-303. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates. 1977.
- Rush J.E., et al. "Automatic abstracting and indexing. II. Production of abstracts by application of contextual inference and syntactic coherence criteria" Journal of the American Society for Information Science 22 (4) pp 260-274. 1971.
- Russell P., "Investigating Summary Typology: Considerations for Classification" in Technostyle, Vol 11 (3/4), Spring/Fall Issue, pp 37-47. 1994.
- Salton G. and Allan J. and Buckley C. and Singhal A., "Automatic Analysis, Theme Generation, and Summarization of Machine-Readable Texts", in Science, Vol 264, pp 1421-1426. 1994.
- Salton G. and Mitra M. and Buckley C. and Singha A., "Automatic Text Decomposition uisng text segments and text themes". 1995.
- Salton G. and Mitra M. and Buckley C. and Singha A., "Automatic Text Generation and the Analysis of Text Structure". Technical Report 94-1438. 1994.
- Skorokhod'ko E.F., "Adaptive method of automatic abstracting and indexing" Information Processing 71, North Holland. 1971.
- Spark Jones K., "Discourse modelling for automatic summarising". Technical Report No. 290, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory. 1993.
- Spark Jones K.,"What might be in a Summary?" in Proceedings of the German Information Retrieval Conference. 1993.
- Tait J.I., "Automatic summarising of English texts". Technical Report No. 47, University of Cambridge Computer Laboratory. 1982.
- Tait J.I., "Generating summaries using a script based language analyser" in Steels L. and Campbell J.A. editions, Progress in artificial intelligence, Chichester, Ellis Horwood. 1985.
- Trabasso T. and Sperry L., "Causal relatedness and the importance of narrative events" in Journal of Memory and Language 24, pp 595-611. 1985.
- Van Den Broek P. and Trabasso T., "Causal networks versus goal hierarchies in summarising text" in Discourse Processes 9 pp 1-15. 1986.
- Van Dijk T.A., "Recalling and Summarizing complex discourse" in W. Burchart and K. Hulker editions, Text Processing, Berlin, Walter de Gruyter. 1979.
- Williams S. and Preston K., "Managing the information Overload" in Physics in Business, Institute of Physics. 1994.
- Yekovich, F.R. and Thorndyke P.W., "An evaluation of alternative functional models of narrative schemata" in Journal of Verbal Learning and Verbal Behaviour 20 pp 454-469. 1981.